The Columbia Basin Culture Tour (CBCT) is a celebration of local culture taking place August 12 & 13, 2017 from 10 am to 5 pm.
The CBCT is a self guided tour showcasing local arts, culture and heritage offered at no charge to the general public. The public will pick up a full colour printed directory and use it to visit a number of locations such as artists' studios, museums, art galleries cultural centers and heritage sites throughout the Columbia Basin. This event is an opportunity for people to meet the participants "behind the scenes".
During the event attendees may: visit artists studios that may not regularly be open to the public; have an opportunity to purchase works directly from artists; visit art galleries and museums to view special interpretive displays, demonstrations or performances; meet local artists, curators and historians in attendance at the participating venues.
The CBCT will present arts, culture and heritage to a wider audience in a welcoming environment with an aim to:
- Promote the arts and increase public awareness of the quality and diversity of art created in the Columbia Basin
- Promote local heritage resources and increase public awareness of and involvement in Columbia Basin culture
- Promote educational experiences for attendees, who can meet artists, curators and historians at work, sometimes in locations not normally open to the public
- Assist Columbia Basin artists in marketing their work
- Help create new relationships between artists, heritage workers and the community further developing an audience for the diverse array of cultural activities in the Columbia Basin
Please contact the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance for more information on this event using the information below:
Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance
P.O. Box 103, Nelson, B.C. V1L 5P7